Saturday, May 15, 2010

Why do so many boxing fans dislike Max Kellerman?

On the boxing website I frequent, people always


have negative things to say about him. They say


he%26#039;s bug-eyed, annoying, arrogant, and tends


to fawn and nut hug certain boxers.





But I think he does a fantastic job, and see


nothing wrong with him. He%26#039;s extremely knowledgable,


articulate, passionate about the sport, and not


such a slow talking whiner like Larry Merchant.





So what turns people off to Max so much?|||I don%26#039;t know why ?.........I agree with you on every point that you made %26amp; I think that Max is one of the best ( NON-EX-BOXER ) analysts today. On the other hand, Merchant , along with Howard Cosell were the 2 worst analysts of all time.----I think that what some boxing fans fail to consider is that many ex-boxer/trainer analysts ( such as Teddy Atlas, Emanuel Stewart, George Foreman, Lennox Lewis, etc. ) are so good that the NEVER were boxers/trainers ( like Max ) pale by comparison.|||He doesn%26#039;t know what goes on in the ring. Not that I do, but at least I have some idea. I think Atlas pretty much exposed Kellerman on Friday Night fights. When Kellerman got unbearable, Teddy would offer to train him for a real fight so he%26#039;d better understand boxing.





He%26#039;s just a guy who watches a lot of boxing without any understanding of what a fighter goes through, or what%26#039;s going on in the ring. I personally dislike Kellerman for the way he%26#039;ll badmouth fighters. I remember reading in Larry Holmes%26#039; book about Howard Cosell continually badmouthing Holmes as being %26quot;a good kid, but he%26#039;ll never be heavyweight champion%26quot; and how that basically slowed his career to the point where he didn%26#039;t get a title shot until he was 29. Guys like Kellerman need to keep something like that in mind when badmouthing a fighter. He%26#039;s literally hurting their career because prestige is how a fighter makes money.|||I like him he knows what he%26#039;s talking about|||What are you retarded? That guy only gets like 30 seconds on a 2 hour boxing match.





Espn has much better boxing analyst than HBO does. Teddy Atlas is the best boxing analyst alive today.|||these guys envy him and they secretly wanna be like him.


he is a self-made man in his trade and looks like he knows what he is talking about. he is passionate with boxing analyses.|||He definetly is passionate about the sport and you gotta love him for that.I could listen all day to him talk boxing as a host,or read a column of his,but as an analyst I just don%26#039;t enjoy him.Why his knowledge and insight doesn%26#039;t transfer over to an on air analysis baffels me.He comes off cocky and arrogant and flip-flops on his picks and that annoys alot of people.|||a lot|||Kellerman is OK but he%26#039;s not as good as Larry Merchant.

No comments:

Post a Comment