Friday, May 21, 2010

I want to start boxing but i dont know where to start?

I am 6 ft and 120lbs and i am really interested in boxing. I am very dedicated i work out every day but i dont know what i should do for boxing. what are some important things that i need to start doing and what workout should i start.|||a lot of cardio to muscle up...go to a school made for boxing/karate.....shadow box..get a good stance and a good guard|||6ft at 120? what the... i think you should go up at least at welterweight|||punch your dad in the nose.. something is bound to happen Lol sorry try the local ymca first|||Join a boxing gym and they%26#039;ll tell you what to do. Don%26#039;t try to train yourself.|||before you start anything you need to get on the road and run.|||I was in your position a few months ago, I knew almost nothing about boxing.





If you%26#039;re willing to spend money, and have the room, I%26#039;d consider getting a heavy bag.





After that, get yourself some handwraps , and some bag gloves, so your hands are protected. You%26#039;d be suprised how much of a beating your hands and joints will take, so protect yourself, it%26#039;s very important.





Shadow boxing is something that a boxer will do almost every day. It will get you in good cardiovascular shape, and really get you used to throwing punches correctly and accurately.





I started off with these 2 dvd%26#039;s. They are cheap, and I highly recommend them for beginners.


http://store.titleboxing.com/everlast-in...





A speed bag, medicine ball, and jump rope are some other things that you%26#039;ll eventually need if you get serious about this.





As far as workouts, there are plenty of things you can do, but one important thing you must know is that boxing has alot to do with the legs and your core. So you%26#039;ll want make sure you do alot of leg workouts (squats), and alot of core (lower back, oblique, %26amp; abs).





I also think that if you are 6ft and 120lbs, then you need to put on some weight. Don%26#039;t worry, atleast you aren%26#039;t overweight!





The greatest thing I%26#039;ve found with boxing training, is that I see my results almost every day. I surprise myself everyday with what I can do, how long I can go, and how much I can take.





Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment