Saturday, May 15, 2010

Am i too old for martial arts and boxing and other fun activities?

all my life i wanted to do some martial arts and boxing,and other fun activities like breakdancing,but alot of people that i%26#039;ve known who are good at those things started when they are really young,i am 16,im planning to start all these things when i am 18,because then i will have money to pay for lessons,but i feel like i am missing out. well am i?|||NO not at all!!!





You are NEVER to old to start!!!





Sure the younger you are the better chance you have of advancing further within MA but that is all. You can learn at any age almost, the only age restrictions are usually minimum ages such as 5 or 6.





With older people you just have to be healthy enough to train.





So you are in no way far behind and have plenty of time to learn all you will ever need to if you choose too.





Have fun!|||go for it the only one stopin you is you. i%26#039;m 33 and just started kenpo karate. its a blast love every minute of it.|||You are definately not too old for MA, Boxing or other fun activities. I myself begun with Karate when I was 18, still doing it, and also tried a couple of other sports like kick boxing and muay thai when I didnt have any other commitments. I have been doing it for a decade and then some so far. I think that you probably would be able to find something to start off of right now as well. Just check your area first. Often they offer a couple of free lessons before you decide if you want to have a go at it or not. Just be careful not to go to a McDojo, but try to see if the place and the instructor seem to have the right qualities for you.


Sorry for the big wall of text. I just feel a lot about the issue. Good Luck!|||Oh, my goodness ...





I started training in Aikido in my early twenties, and I recently celebrated 18 years in the martial art. I wanted to start when I was younger, but never had the time/money.





A good friend of mine was over 50 when she started training in a martial art.





You%26#039;re never too old! :-)|||NOOOOOOOOOO|||Its never to late to experience things. When I was 10 my mom made me and my brother take martial arts and when we started there were people in their 20%26#039;s 30%26#039;s 50%26#039;s even 60%26#039;s just beginning when we were. They also took it more seriously then me and my brother did because it was something they truly wanted. Do what you dream of doing if you have to wait thats fine but dont let anyone stop you. As I have gotten older I have regretted the fact that people have told me I am too old now. Just do it.|||Its never too late to start martial arts that is like saying you are too old to breath. Martial arts were created for all to use and become stronger with.|||It%26#039;s never too late. Start as soon as you can the only thing that matters is that you DO IT. I mean your 16 now but when you%26#039;re like 25 you%26#039;re going to regret not starting now.





-Ashley|||You%26#039;re not too old. I want to start again, and I%26#039;m 18. It%26#039;s a fun exercise, personally I recommend a more hardcore martial art, like Karate, not Tae Kwon Doe or something more defense based. Do it!|||ok for MA your never too old i know pleanty of people i train with that are older than 50 who train and are enjoying it.|||16 or 18 is not too old for anything.|||your not too young or too old to do stuff im a almost 18 im a women like but i still like moldiling cars , playing with remote cars i still have a little bit of a tomboy in me but i still wear make up so take it for someone whos expericed it if its fun do what u enjot as long as its fun ur good

No comments:

Post a Comment