Saturday, May 15, 2010

Should I have good endurance before I try boxing?

In terms of physique, I%26#039;m in pretty good shape already, but my cardio endurance is not so great. Will that cause problems when starting boxing training, or will the training itself build the endurance I need? Basically, should I start jogging before starting up boxing to build my cardio endurance first? Thanks.|||Run a lot. Swim lengths. Do sprints and then rest. Get up early (3:30 am) and run for an hour. Then go back to bed. Then train at about 10:00 am for a few hours, you know with the bag.





Do lots of situps and pushups. Eat lots of meat and eggs.





Take one day off a week. After a month you are ready to start in a real gym, but its still tough. Boxing is tough.





You need to get a real attitude of hard work. Its 90% conditioning. A real gym will make you work, and if not, it is no good. You have to run lots, the road work is what makes it happen. Get up early and run, and don%26#039;t cheat.





Get a good trainer, not some soft boxercise. Someone who is going to look after you too, as you you need brain cells.





I still remember my first day at the gym. %26quot;WUR GONNA TEACH YUS TAH HIT AND GET HIT%26quot; %26quot;NOW GET ON THUH CIRCUIT %26quot;AN WORK, CUZ IM WATCHIN%26quot;. (Rock music starts blaring, smelly gloves and bags being set up). %26quot;OH, AND IF YUH EVER MISS A FOCUS GLOVE AN HIT ME, I%26quot;LL KILL YUH%26quot;





We worked. The skipping nearly killed me, and my feet are still sore. But six months later I could knock the focus mitt across the gym, and I never got killed. Completely.





Good luck.....|||If you aren%26#039;t great in cardio boxing is gonna come tough. Your gonna get tired 2 minutes in. I recommend jogging for a minute on... then straight to hitting a punching bag for three minutes and repeat as long as you can.|||trust me you should be AS FIT AS POSSIBLE before staring to box im a very fit guy i versd my best friend much stronger much fatser much fitter than me i held up a good fight but the fitness factor KILLED ME!|||yeah you should run first cuz it will be a b***** if you start withour good endurance you last past 5 rounds but if you want just join amauter you can get your traing there then go on to semi pro or pro|||cardio is one of the most important things about boxing or any type of fighting. and yes running is the key. u do not necessarily have to start running b4 u start training, but i would suggest to start up after ur first workout.|||You need to run (not%26quot;jog%26quot;) for about 5 miles every morning. Also do lots of push ups and sit ups and other bodyweight exercises, try to swim every morning in a cold pool and skip 12 3 minute rounds each day (in one go, with a minute%26#039;s rest between rounds), as well as working on the fast and heavy bags.|||Endurance is something you gain after Training for boxing its important to work on it, and to also Work on power





Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment