Saturday, May 15, 2010

Best sheet material for boxing pipes in kitchen?

Hi,





I have some pipes running vertically up a corner of my kitchen. I%26#039;m planning on boxing them off and am wondering what sheet material will be best for the job as it needs to be water-resistant, suitable for painting (or plastering I guess..) as well as being tiled further down.





I was thinking WBP Ply but will this cause issues with expansion? Is aquaboard plasterboard the answer?





Thanks|||frame in a chase and sheetrock it. Cheapest soloution.|||Ordinary plasterboard is fine. You can tile directly onto plasterboard without the need for a skim coat. And it%26#039;s the cheapest.|||Hi, personally I%26#039;d run battens either side of the pipework, also ceiling and floor the plasterboard to the battens. You can then skim the plasterboard and either paint or paper it when it dries. Make sure you let it dry out thoroughly though, if you dont paint or paper will peel off quite soon.


Hope this helps.|||I would go with the WBP ply. Used it before and tiled over it, have had no issues with expansion.|||what i have used many times is ceiling coving ...it fills corners nicely

No comments:

Post a Comment