Monday, May 17, 2010

How much should my boxing heavy bag weigh?

im planning on getting my first boxing bag but im not sure which i should get. im around 5 9 and aprox 145 pounds. should i get a 50 pounder, a 70 pounder, a 80 pounder, a 100 pounder or what? im a noobie so someone help me please


thanks.|||I think 70 pounds would be cool for you. I normally use and even recommend bags that are close to 50% of your body weight. That%26#039;s just me though.|||IMO, the 100 lb. bag would be more beneficial to you. The reason being that 70 lb bags have a tendency to move around when hit and many new boxing enthusists have injured their wrists, when the bag swung back into them. The 100 lb. bag would be more stationery and you%26#039;d be more able to work the bag, like an opponent, rather than trying to hit a swinging bag. Good luck..............Billboxing

No comments:

Post a Comment