Saturday, May 15, 2010

What is your experience with a heavy knockout in boxing ?

I%26#039;ve just started a professional boxing career. In my successful amateur career, I never went seriously KO. Are there boxers that had a heavy knockout ? What was your experience with it ? What were the consequences of it ? How long was you out of boxing ? And so on|||I got knocked out once when i was in the abae (amatuer boxing) i was 100kg fighting a guy of equal weight, took a hook to my head and dropped my hands, guy just layed into my head and face and it was lights out for me, i was out for about a minute...took me about a hour to get my sense back enough to sit up and walk and about 2-3 days to recover and headaches to stop..had issues with neck pain from hitting the floor for about a week, also my nose bleed on the odd occasion for about a day or two after.





It does take time for your body to re-adjust from a hard fight particually if you took a hard blow to the head|||I boxed as a junior amateur and was knocked out briefly once. I wasn%26#039;t unconscious for long. I don%26#039;t recall the punch that did it, but I think it was a counter left hook, landed over my missed right cross. I didn%26#039;t feel the punch. One minute I%26#039;m firing that cross and then I%26#039;m on the canvas with my coach and a bunch of other people around me talking. It was a few days to a week before I felt right again.





I recently started a boxing prediction league (where you analyze and pick fights to win prizes) and have an associated forum where we have a lot of people with boxing and other fighting arts experience who discuss these issues all the time. You should check it out!





http://www.boxingpredictionleague.com/|||your not a pro

No comments:

Post a Comment