Saturday, May 15, 2010

How can I strengthen my left hook in boxing?

I%26#039;m Orthadox, and I say I am quite strong and hard puching, I give a brilliant right hook, uppercut but my left hooks and uppercuts are so weak and soft it%26#039;s annoying. Advise? I%26#039;m 14, 50KG, been boxing over a year.|||try keeping it closer to your body, your power comes from your hips.


also what helped me was my coach told me to keep my hand parallel to the ground instead of vertical, and as you know, hit with the first two knuckles


im not entirely sure how exactly you%26#039;re hitting, but that helped me|||exactly wat the guy said above me but also follow through with the punches and try on keepi on hitting the bag plus the more speed you have th more it will hurt if they run into it|||That is natural, if you are right handed. Your left hand will always be weaker.


To compensate this, you should focus on training your left arm. Try shadow boxing with weights and one-armed bag training.


You have also to remember that power = mass x acceleration (simple science). Try to punch not only with your arm but also take the shoulder and as much as possible of your body with the punch. This can be enhanced by taking a step while punching because you so have more accelerated body mass and so more power in your punch. (Try a step like circeling your opponent in left direction).


For your uppercuts try to straighten your leg while punching. You so lift your whole body up and again have more accelerated mass equaling power.





Good luck.





Please excuse any grammar errors, but english is not my first language.|||Practice with your trainer on the mitts to get the right form. Then work on the heavy bag to build up power.

No comments:

Post a Comment