Monday, November 16, 2009

Who else is amazed at some of the cookie cutter boxing answers getting picked as best answer?

When someone seems to answer as if they cut n pasted it right out of


ring magazine. That is fine because it is probably conventional theory


and somewhat accurate. But it would be nice to see something insightful added. That is one of the main points of a question and


answer forum isnt it? To get some inside thoughts and information on top of the standard boilerplate info. Something additional, not just stuff found on the first page of any boxing magazine. Right?





|||I%26#039;m amazed too. And I agree 100%. I believe its all because there are very few knowledgeable boxing fans out there. They%26#039;re casual fans who only seem to surface when theres a big fight coming up. Thus teh lack of %26quot;insight.%26quot; Such %26quot;fans%26quot; talk as if they know so much about the sport, and they say it with such conviction. But ask them some basic questions and you see they know absolutely nothing. They can%26#039;t form interesting ideas because they don%26#039;t know the history of fighters or their fights (nor their strengths or weaknesses), and certainley not the politics of the game. They form their %26quot;opinions%26quot; on the dribs and drabs of what they read and hear, thus limiting their %26quot;insight.%26quot; One can%26#039;t have interesting thoughts or theory if they don%26#039;t follow boxing 100%. Thats why many here (probably half of them under the age of 15) ask the same tired old questions: %26quot;Who is going to win.....?%26quot; They read the half *** responses and that becomes their half *** dialog with someone else.|||I can%26#039;t tell you how frustrating this very point is for me! I deal with it all the time, and while I don%26#039;t agree with Elmer%26#039;s answers each and every time. . . I can say that his are some of the most creative and informed responses in the entire forum. There are others, of course, who can hang with the boxing talk, but you%26#039;re right when you say that %26quot;cookie cutter%26quot; answers get picked way too often.





I%26#039;m also seeing a problem with people asking questions, then never picking a best answer. . . allowing people to %26quot;vote%26quot; for their own answers as best.





Overall, I enjoy this forum. . but I sure wish there was a Basic Boxing Info Pre-Test we had to take to post in here! If their Top Ten List (All Time) includes names like Calzaghe, Holyfield, Spinks, Gatti, or Tyson. . .. then they are NOT WELCOME!|||I should cut n paste an answer right out of


ring magazine for this question.that would be the best answer.lol





but really, when i answer a question i dont want to spend a lot of time on it but i still want the answer to be correct and actually help.so i cut n paste or just give a link.sorry if it%26#039;s not good but i do this just for the points.





speaking of point, can i have 10?


|||What amazes me more are people who ask questions a week before a fight, %26quot;who wins, X or Y?%26quot;, and then give best answer to the person whose opinion they most agree with BEFORE the fight. Surely you should wait until after the fight and then give the best answer to the person whose pre-fight analysis was closest to what happened.|||Well, what can you do? I guess some people don%26#039;t have the appropriate Boxing I.Q. to come up with a genuine ORIGINAL answer. Hope I helped. Good luck|||There are a lot of people here who think Joe Calzaghe is the greatest fighter in the history of boxing. So I already know the boxing IQ here is rather low. |||Bro, you got it backwards. The Ring Magazine cuts and pastes my answers into their periodical.|||It happens in all categories. Someone and a few friends vote for their answer, so they win regardless of how bad it is. |||I am. I cant even be bothered reading those type of answers.|||I guess I am too new to this and haven%26#039;t experienced this...yet.|||so we call them cookie cutters or cc%26#039;s thats fine

No comments:

Post a Comment