Saturday, November 14, 2009

How do I keep my boxing gloves from getting stinky?

I know some smarty pants is going to tell me to wash them...


But seriously, I can%26#039;t wash them that often because they wouldn%26#039;t last too long that way. I suppose that male boxers don%26#039;t really mind the stink, but I%26#039;m female...


So, anyone into boxing and got a good solution? I was thinking of putting baby powder in them or a spray a deodorant. Already tried gold bond, but it made my hands cold an a bit numb... HELP.|||Definitely, make sure they dry and use Lysol. Lysol kills the scent and bacteria.|||we put dryer sheets in tennis shoes


so I dont see why they wont work in boxing gloves|||You should try Arm%26amp;Hammer baking soda. It absorbs odors and keeps your skin dry.|||Try wrapping your hands first to keep the sweat down, then I would suggest febreeze and letting them air out, dont shove them in your dark bag with no airflow. Id hang them upside down or put them outside! Good luck!|||Gold bond is a medicated powder, that%26#039;s why you are getting the tingling sensation. I suggest you try talcum powder dusted on your hands to absorb the sweat. The important thing is to let them dry and air out. Don%26#039;t just throw them in your gym bad until next time you need them. Boxing gloves are stuffed with absorbent material and it needs to air out as much as possible to keep mold from forming. Febreeze is just going to cover the odor. Lysol will actually kill the germs and freshen them up a bit. It may be irritating to the skin, so you may want to spray that when the gloves won%26#039;t be in use for a day or so.|||I was gonna say gold bond. I guess I would try baking soda next. Maybe Febreeze them after you use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment