Saturday, November 14, 2009

How can I convince my parents to let me join boxing?

Hi I wanna start going to a boxing gym, but the problem is that my parents are scared that I might come out with a crocked nose and ect. I told them about safety and ect. and that they have equipment there for boxing and my parents said that if I can convince them, they%26#039;ll let me in.


Can you guys help me out?


Thanks.|||My parents resisted too. I did something I would not encourage kids to do. I want behind mom%26#039;s back and it became a secret between my dad and me. Sometimes he%26#039;d let me do things without letting my mom know.





I played football and boxed so when I had bruises I just told my mom it was from football. She didn%26#039;t know the difference with schedules or seasons. She threatened to stop me from playing football until I brought home a boxing trophy. She smacked the S#!T out of me for lying then allowed me to continue.





I didn%26#039;t box very long, on and off for about 5 years. Then I got a well paying job while I was in college and that was the end of my boxing career.





I wish you luck. At least you still do listen to your parents. Most kids today dont. My ordeal was 20 years ago when your parents could still kick your butt and not get arrested.|||Use reverse psychology. Ask your parents about ballet lesson or learning how to knit.





But in all seriousness, your parents are right in their concern regarding your safety. You could get all busted up. If you haven%26#039;t done it yet, you%26#039;ll be surprised at just how painful it really is. You see fighters on TV take a shot and it looks like it doesn%26#039;t hurt. Well it does. Every punch hurts.





I%26#039;m worried that your parents are over-protecting you, that%26#039;s a good way to raise a shrinking violet of a son. Learning a martial art when you%26#039;re young strengthens you in many ways that you don%26#039;t realize, and you%26#039;ll carry that strength throughout the rest of your life. Show your parents the answers you get, maybe they%26#039;ll let you grow in to becoming a man afterall.|||would they let you if you didn%26#039;t fight in competition. even if you don%26#039;t actually fight until you are 18 you can get lots of needed training and experience from training and sparing. also it is important to find a good gym. that is look around at gyms. see how the trainer talks about how he trains his fighters. if it is the type of place that is just gonna throw you in the ring first thing just to see how you could do then you don%26#039;t want to go there anyway. find a reputable trainer and talk with him then have him talk with your parents. It is understandable why your parents would be concerned. boxing can be dangerous. but if this is something you really want to do then put some work into researching why they should let you.|||Tell them that it will be huge for confidence, tell them Donald Trump, Bill Clinton, Nelson Rockefeller used to box. I dont know if its true or not but its kinda hard to disprove.





Tell them that boxing keeps you away from drinking and drugs because people are more focused on boxing then worrying about peer pressure and partying. Tell them your teenage hormones are running a muck and you need an outlet for your aggression. That%26#039;s what i told my mom when i was a kid to join, course i had my dad on my side.





Then again, If you got the balls to wanna be a prize fighter then you should have the balls to ignore your parents and join anyways. Alot of times parents think they are looking out for you but really they are hindering you without realizing it. Be a man join boxing and tell them about it after a few months. And over those couple months act alot happier and nicer and they shouldn%26#039;t have a problem with it when you tell them.





Look up some stats on the internet, you%26#039;ll find amature football, hockey or rugby are all more dangerouse then amature boxing, you got 14 oz gloves and head gear, and if someone gets in trouble the ref will jump in and check to see if your ok. Amature boxing is totally safe in the US and Canada. Now Mexico is a diff story.





Tell them sooner or later they have to push you out of the nest too see if you can fly. Might as well strenghthen your wings early.|||Are you saying that you%26#039;re parents already have equipment for you to box. Boxing is a great sport but they could be right about the crooked nose. Mine is a little crooked. Amateur boxing looks out for the boxers more than professional though. Fights rarely end in knockout. Mostly the worst thing that happens is a bloody nose. I hadn%26#039;t had one in a long time and all of the sudden in boxing on thursday I got one. The I was sparring Tae Kwon Do and Shotokan guys and got one again from a TKD Black Belt.


I don%26#039;t know if I am being too much help. All you can tell them that as far as injuries goes amateur boxing ranks way down the list.


Have them read this article.|||boxing isn%26#039;t just competing, its a way to train, you get in great shape.|||Start out just using punch bags and doing gym training, not fighting people. Then see how it goes from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment