Saturday, November 14, 2009

Has the increase in popularity of the UFC actually helped boxing gain more exposure?

The UFC has soared to new heights in 2007 and boxing is enjoying one of it%26#039;s beast years in over a decade. In recent years it has been rare for a Welterweight fight to have such main stream exposure. I would say the UFC is helping the fight game period, be it boxing or MMA.|||yea it has, but u get good and bad publicity.|||I think it has for a short period of time, and i mean very short.


watching boxing again only reaffirms my opinion that its still crap. I am in my mid 30%26#039;s and was a big boxing fan in Detroit because that%26#039;s all there was. Every time I see a boxing match now I watch for 1/2 a round then change channels, then come back and change channels again to a freaking cooking show or some other crap because it%26#039;s slow and boring. I can watch a mma fight rerun for 10 times may be more and never change the channel and it might be a chump fight but the refs make them push the action.If there on the mat and laying on each other the refs stand them up I think its soared to new heights because were fight happy and we want to see a fight but when you watch it again (boxing) it only reminds me why I stopped watching it.








What do you think Lonestar?

No comments:

Post a Comment