Monday, November 16, 2009

What moment made you fall in love with boxing?

Mine was when I watched a tape of the first Evander Holyfield and Riddick Bowe fight. I have never enjoyed a fight as much as I enjoyed that one. I didn%26#039;t care which one of them won, I didn%26#039;t analyze the tactics they were using and I just enjoyed the fight because it was a great fight. I didn%26#039;t have the understanding or perspective of boxing as I do now and that is why I loved that fight so much.|||Ive used boxing for fighting since I was a sophomore in highschool, and I instantly fell in love with the power it gave me, I mean have you ever seen a person with boxing training fight a person with no training? It made fighting childs play for me, as well as made me one of the most feared guys in schoo, and I just kept training in it. But What made me follow boxing as a sport was when I saw the old Ali Frazier fight where joe floored Ali with a left haymaker-hook, When I saw that, I got hooked on the sport. Then I started rewatching old Julio Cesar Chavez fights, and that cemented boxing as my favorite sport ever. I had seen JCC fight when I was younger, but really, I was just seeing two guys punch each other until one fell down. only when I got older was I able to see the technique and beauty within the brutality of the sport.|||Im 22 now.... 3 moments that made me love boxing were:





When Holyfield first unified the titles! I was young but i remember! He was an underdog. Thats the first WARRIOR i saw in the ring!





When Roy Jones Jr put both hands behind his back and knocked that dude out! I still think that was the best knockout ever! I mean come on really Roy! Why u do him like that LMAO!





And when i saw Floyd knock Hatton out and the Brits still were chanting %26quot;theirs only one ricky hatton%26quot; as the dude laid on the ground. Thats just a shows what true boxing fans go through. We see the rise and fall of boxers all the time. Us boxing fans feel like we are part of whatever boxer we love! I almost cried watching Roy get pounded by Cal, Pavlick getting punded by BHOP, and Taylor getting pounded by Pavlick.|||What made me fall in love with the sport is when i saw popo freitas fight.. he was a nobody from brazil and was ko people out.


after that i been fallowing the sport..


also the heart showed on the ring and the desire to win made me fall in love with the sport.|||When George Foreman (age 45) knocked out Michael Moorer (age 26). It wasn%26#039;t the greatest fight, but it was inspiring to see Foreman do what many said was impossible. He showed the world that %26quot;45 was not a death sentence.%26quot;|||The first time I saw Cassius Clay fight, then I fell in love with boxing.|||rocky!

No comments:

Post a Comment