Friday, November 18, 2011

How to keep energy levels up for boxing and wrestling?

At the moment I have three boxing classes a week and no fights till late september, and one wrestling practice a week. However Starting in october I will have eight wrestling practices a week, two or three weight lifting sessions, and four boxing classes. How can I keep up my energy levels so that I can always practice 100 hundred percent. I could also use help on how to keep injury%26#039;s down. All advice is greatly appreciated... thanks.|||Well there are many ways you can gain energy.





First, make sure you are sleeping enough. That%26#039;s energy 101. No sleep= no energy. An average adult needs somewhere between 6-8 hours of sleep a night. Any more and you%26#039;ll be tired, too little and you%26#039;ll also be tired. You can also try taking a small power nap during the day too. A power nap is 15-20 mins long no more.





Second, make sure you are eating well enough. You should be eating a balanced healthy diet. No twinkies or ding dongs. They don%26#039;t give you energy. Good healthy foods with the proper mix of carbs, protein and good fats. Fish is a great energy providing food and also if you get tired at work you can snack on nuts. Nuts are great energy foods and they have good fatty acids in them as well, much better than munching on a donut. Also drink plenty of water!





Third, you should be taking a multi vitamin. Make sure your multi vitamin has a good B complex mixed into it. If it doesn%26#039;t, you need to add that to your diet. Coq10 is also a great vitamin for energy levels.





Now working out will of course give you extra energy, but you are working out TONS, so you%26#039;ll need to remember to drink protein shakes energy day and make try adding an energy booster to your routine before you go workout. I know most of them taste like **** though and are loaded with caffeine. You could try drinking a healthy energy drink before you go workout. Not the ones that you find in the stores, or at least most of them. Those will just make you crash later on in the day because they are too high in caffeine and sugar. I use one that is low in sugar and caffeine and relies on vitamins and antioxidants to give boosts in energy. Its nice because I don%26#039;t crash later on in the day and of course it is way healthier for me. The one I used I found in a free trial, although I don%26#039;t know how long it lasts. I%26#039;ll link the site at the bottom, it also has some more info on increasing your energy levels if there was something I didn%26#039;t cover for you.





Wow that was long.





Hope I%26#039;ve helped you a bit. All of these things have worked great for me.|||Running and jump roping are basic things you can do for stamina.

No comments:

Post a Comment